The 2016 Directory is now available to view and download
The Natspec Specialist College Directory and College Finder will show you where each college is located and how they can support your son or daughter. College websites and admissions teams can also help you to understand what the college offers.
Families and Carers Q and A
There are many questions that parents and carers want answered before they make a decision about which specialist college is the best for their son or daughter. We have tried to answer some of the most commonly asked questions in this section.
How do I get funding for a place at a specialist college?
Case studies and parents’ stories
Students at specialist colleges and their parents have many great stories to tell. Everyone has a different experience at college and there are many different courses and activities. Both students and parents tell their stories in this section of the website.
- Bernardo Carvalho, Fairfield Farm College, Wiltshire
- Joshua Richings, National Star College, Gloucestershire
- Elliot Cox, Communication Specialist College Doncaster
- David Wild, Bridge College, Manchester
- Matthew Arnold, Hereward College
- Geor-Dan Dyer, Foxes Academy, Somerset
- Jordan Tilley, Portland College
- Joel, Exeter Deaf Academy GFE, Devon
- Hazel Story, Beaumont College
- Nancy, The Orpheus Centre, Surrey
- Kieran and I, a mother’s story
- Tom learns to communicate and make friends at Hinwick Hall College
- Ruairi gets his qualifications at WESC
- Ian wins an award for volunteering at WESC
- Dan English discovered his love of sport at The Royal National College for the Blind
- Sarah learns how to ride and communicate at Sense College