****NEW FOR NOVEMBER 2016****: Natspec are running 9 regional events to help you set up, manage and deliver RARPA.
The events will provide opportunities for practitioners to share practice to support learners, and the programme will also provide feedback to the ETF on the CPD needs of SEND specialists.
RARPA (Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement) is a five stage process for delivering good assessment, teaching and learning, which ensures that students’ progress and achievements are monitored and recorded.
The Children and Families Act 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice have a clear focus on preparing for adulthood and on positive outcomes for students:
- employment options, from full time paid to voluntary work
- choice and control over where you live
- participation in your community
- the standards, criteria and types of evidence that need to be produced
- sets of questions to ask when reviewing the RARPA process
- an action plan proforma for reviewing your own RARPA processs in line with the quality assurance standards and criteria
- a template to record findings, of your internal review including the strengths and gaps to be addressed
- an external check template.
All the RARPA resources, case studies and templates are available to download from the SEND excellence gateway.